June 14th -- Flag Day.
June 14, 1777 the Continential Congress adopted the basic design that is our flag. This first Congress declared, “White signifies purity and innocence; red, hardiness and valor; blue signifies vigilance, perseverance and justice.”
A short meditation and tribute to consider. The last verse of our National Anthem -- the Star Spangled Banner.
- Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
- Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
- Blest with victory and peace, may the Heaven-rescued land
- Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
- Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
- And this be our motto: “In God is our trust.”
- And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
- O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!