Sunday, October 08, 2006

I love Sundays


I love Sundays. Our worship services continue to grow in popularity. Our contemporary services have re-established new and vibrant bands following the turnover with the most recent rotation. We have some great talent in our musicians and vocalists. Their energy and motivation levels are inspiring as well.

Today we farewelled our last Army musician from the last rotation as he is on his way home soon. We will miss him, but we are happy for the fact he will be returning to his family.

I personally also enjoy the Lutheran bi-monthly service that I am holding. I enjoy the contemporary format but I also appreciate being able to gather with my fellow Lutherans and reach back to the traditions which help form our beliefs and identity.

All in all, a day spent in worship gathered around God's Word is a great day.