Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Great Duty

There are many different kinds of tasks or work associated with being a chaplain and / or an officer with the Air Force. Like any profession, there are days where for various reasons the work seems long and tedious. But most days the work, especially as a chaplain, is dynamic and offers opportunities to make a serious impact. Sometimes something special comes along.

This week something special is coming along. I'm not going to go into details for security reasons, but the next few days my duty station is not at Arlington but somewhere else in DC doing something I've never done before.

It look like it is going to be a lot of fun. Long hours though. Have to be on scene at 0500 possibly until midnight and on call when I'm not there. But there are only a handful of us doing this job and it provides an opportunity I would not have expected.