Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Remember Part 3

My family and I visited section 60 at Arlington National Cemetery for Memorial Day. This is where most of the OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) casualties are buried. I did a funeral here for an Air Force EOD airman in April as well as one last fall for an OSI airman. This place is very special ground for me as I have trod some of the same sand as these now lost to us. For some reason these words come to mind as a tribute as we remember:


Verse 4 -- National Anthem
















O thus be it ever,

When free men shall stand

Between their loved homes

And the war's desolation;

Blest with vict'ry and peace,

May the heav'n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made

And preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must,

When our cause it is just,

And this be our motto,

"In God is our trust!"

And the star-spangled banner

In triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free

And the home of the brave.