Friday, December 12, 2008

Graduation

0700 tomorrow - one last walk for SOS - this time across the stage for graduation. Then a long drive to Mom's for some celebration! She is cancer free! Saturday I should be back home with my wife and kids.

The picture is of a helicopter parked on the ramp here at Maxwell near the flickerball fields. When I attended the dedication of the 9/11 memorial for the Pentagon this past fall, it was mentioned that the last Army troop to board a helicopter in Vietnam during the evacuation from Saigon was killed sitting at his desk at the Pentagon. It was this helicopter that he boarded. It truly is a small world.

It will be good to be home; to see my family. I'm especially looking forward to Tuesday when my oldest daughter has her band concert. She makes me so proud in so many ways.