Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pentagon Memorial Dedication







I am very excited. Today I received tickets to the invitation only dedication of the Pentagon Memorial. This means a great deal to me as it was the attacks on our country that day which lead me to begin exploring going back into the military on active duty as a chaplain. I see the Pentagon every day from where I work here at Arlington. Planes constantly overfly the cemetery on the way to Reagan International Airport. Not a day goes by at Arlington that I don't recall the attack on our nation that took place here.


(click to see bigger picture)

On September 11th, great sorrow came to our country.
And from that sorrow has come great resolve.
Today, we are a nation awakened to the evil of terrorism, and determined to destroy it.
That work began
the moment we were attacked;
and it will continue until justice is delivered.


-- President George Bush Oct 11, 2001 speech at the Pentagon