Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kiddies

Yesterday we loaded up a bus full of volunteer airmen and headed to a local orphanage for some outreach to children in our local community. The trip afforded me, and most of those with us, a first time opportunity to view another area of the local countryside as we got off the main route known as Highway 1 and headed out into the countryside, though not too far from base.

Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera.

We did a bit of fall cleaning at the orphanage and then spent a few hours playing games with the kids. I lucked up that my bus driver played soccer for 12 years as a goalie. Soccer is a big game here. The kids had a blast trying to get past him. He was pretty good.

One of the young ladies with me was walking by with a little girl leading her by the hand. My airman looked over her shoulder and said, "I don't know where she is taking me". When she came back her eyes were wide and she said, "she showed me the most ginormous spider I've ever seen".

The language barrier didn't prove to be so ginormous.

It was a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon.